Friday, December 5, 2014

Ozark Mountains and dreary weather

Can you see the beautiful Ozark Mountains from this Arkansas overlook? Yeah, we couldn't either. Day three of driving was truely miserable. Already we weren't excited by the miles and miles of nothingness of Arkansas and Oklahoma, but the terrible grey just made it that much worse.

I've been following Matt for the drive, due to him being awesome at direction and me being not good with direction at all. I especially appreciate him leading the way through these foggy highway stretches where I can't see the signs, and in all these confusing cities. We have a pretty good system of watching for each other's turn signals if we need to make an extra pit stop. Luckily the cars have been using gas at about the same rate, so when we're both at a quarter tank we'll stop and fill them up.

1 comment:

  1. My parents moved to Arizona when I was eight. Oklahoma was the worst. It was the middle of summer and very hot. After tons of nothingness, we came across a river with a picnic area. But when we went into the water, there were thorns/briars in the mucky river bed.

    ReplyDelete